The traditional Greek salad has many variations across Greece and elsewhere. The tomato smell and the quality of the olive oil are the secrets of success.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 200 grams Feta cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar optional
- sea salt
- The key to success is to find fresh, high quality ingredients, especially tomatoes. Try organic (biological) farming products as they tend to be of higher quality. Wash the vegetables very carefully.
- Chop the tomatoes and bell pepper (it is a red one here) into cubes or irregular shapes small enough to eat one at a time. Place them directly to the salad bowl.
- If necessary, peel the cucumber and chop it into slices. No need to peel it if it is organic, however wash it thoroughly. Add the cucumber slices to the bowl and season with some sea salt.
- Add the feta cheese, season with oregano and pour the olive oil and optionally the balsamic vinegar. You salad is ready! Please read the notes below for more ingredient suggestions.