Chrysa’s Pork Tenderloin
An interesting and very tasty recipe by Chrysa.
Chrysa's Pork Tenderloin
- 500 grams Pork Tenderloin
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 carrots
- 200 grams mushrooms
- 50 grams raisins white without kernel
- 1 cup olive oil
- 150 ml Balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 50 grams parmesan flakes
- Clean and peel the carrots and remove the stem and seeds from the bell peppers.
- Chop the carrots and bell peppers in fine pieces.
- Clean the mushrooms and chop them if necessary.
- Select a good quality pork tenderloin (or other pork part without fat), slice it (or cut it in cubes) and wash it carefully.
- Heat a nonstick saucepan and add the olive oil. Then add the pork slices. Medium heat needs a bit more time but ensures that the meat will be cooked inside well. Add the salt and pepper on the uncooked side of the slices.
- Allow some time for the slices to fry, and then turn all slices upside down. Add the salt and pepper on the cooked side of the slices. Let it fry and add the oregano.
- Add the mushrooms, stir and keep frying until the meat gets a golden brown colour (unless you prefer it medium).
- Add the chopped peppers and carrots, stir and keep frying for 10 minutes.
- The juices from the vegetables will help the meat not to dry, while the vegetables are being cooked. However, if the food seems dry you can add some olive oil (a tablespoon).
- Add the raisins and the balsamic vinegar and stir for another 3-5 minutes until the vinegar evaporates but before the food gets dry.
- Your meal is ready! Serve and optionally add some parmesan flakes. Let it cool for a couple of minutes and eat it warm.