This is a fresh, yet filling dish for any time of the year. You can spice it up with some chili pepper.
- 250 grams shrimps
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 60 gr Feta cheese
- 2 bay leaves (optional)
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- oregano (optional)
- If you are using precooked shrimps, just peel their skin including their head and stomach unless they are already cleaned. If you prefer fresh shrimps, you could either boil them for 10 minutes, or just follow the recipe but let them longer to cook with the sauce (15-20) minutes making sure that you add some water.
- Choose two mature tomatoes for the sauce.
- Gently grate the tomatoes using a grater and place them in a bowl.
- In a saucepan add the olive oil, the grated tomatoes, the salt and pepper and let it boil for three minutes. Optionally, add the bay leaves and/or the oregano.
- Then add the shrimps and the feta cheese (crumbled) and let it boil for another 3-5 minutes in medium heat. Let it boil long if the shrimps were fresh and add some water as necessary.
- Let the food sit for 5 minutes and serve.
- Kali oreksi (bon appétit)!