This is a homemade classic tzatziki.
- 500 gr Strained Yogurt (Greek Style)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 1 bunch dill
- sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic fresh
- First grate the cucumber using a grater and let it on kitchen paper to dry for 15 minutes. Cucumbers produce a lot of liquid which is not good for tzatziki.
- Slice the dill in fine pieces and if you add garlic, then you need to slice or grate the fresh garlic.
- Inside a bowl add the strained yogurt, the sliced dill, the cucumber, the olive oil, the salt and the garlic.
- Mix with a spoon until the mixture is homogeneous. Your tzatziki is ready!
- In order to give it a better taste, keep the tzatziki in the refrigerator for a two hours. It is always served cold and preserved in the refrigerator (check the expiration date of the yogurt).